Homemade Vegan Burger
Make this fantastic base recipe for a vegan burger and add whatever you fancy – chili flakes, grated lemon zest or other herbs all work really well.
This vegan burger recipe is a great way to enjoy the taste of a hamburger without any meat or dairy products.
About the Recipe
A vegetarian or vegan can make a great vegan burger with some key ingredients. This is a plant-based recipe that is easy to follow.
The story of the vegan burger starts in the 1800s, when meat was scarce and people were looking for food alternatives that were cheaper and healthier than meat.
The first commercially available meatless burgers were made from soy protein mixed with bread crumbs and spices like cumin, chili powder, coriander, oregano, paprika, garlic salt, black pepper and onion powder.
Vegan burgers are now becoming more and more popular, especially in the North America market. They offer an easy way out for people who want to eat healthier without sacrificing taste.
Benefits of The Recipe
The vegan burger recipe is a healthy alternative to meat, which is rich in protein. It also offers a range of health benefits for the body.
This vegan burger recipe is easy to make and has a good amount of protein. It’s also a great option for those on-the-go who want to eat healthy.
A vegan burger can be made with tofu or tempeh as the main ingredient instead of meat.
The vegan burger has been around for decades. However, it was not until the recent years that people started to appreciate how delicious and healthy it is for your body.
There are many benefits of the vegan burger. For instance, it is low in fat and high in protein. It also contains a lot of vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc and calcium which are essential nutrients for your body.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|10 mins||10 mins||20 mins|
|Dinner, Fast Food, Lunch||American|
A vegan burger is a plant-based burger that can be made with soy, wheat, or nut meat substitutes.
As the vegan population grows, so does the demand for more vegan options. This is where a vegan burger recipe comes in handy. Not only can it be used to make delicious burgers, but it can also be used to create other dishes like veggie burgers and veggie hot-dogs.
The vegan burgers can also be gluten-free more than just vegetarian.
This article will teach you how to make a vegan burger that is as tasty as traditional burgers.
- 1 shallot or ½ onion chopped
- 1 stick of celery or ¼ red pepper, chopped
- handful of parsley leaves
- 400g can chickpeas drained and left to dry a little
- 1-2tsp garam masala
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 1tbsp polenta couscous, or dried breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- burger buns or pitta bread lettuce, tomato, and sauces to serve
- Whizz the shallot, celery, parsley and most of the chickpeas to a coarse paste. Don’t overdo this, you want a texture slightly rougher than hummus. Mash the remaining chickpeas and stir them into the paste with the garam masala, tomato purée, flour and polenta. Season well.
- Shape the mixture into four patties. Let them rest for at least 30 mins – you can leave them overnight in the fridge if you like. The polenta needs time to absorb any extra liquid.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the patties until they’re brown and crisp on each side. Try not to handle them too much as they’ll be quite soft when warm. Slide into buns or pitta with the accompaniments that you’d like.